We are an established value chain management platform, focused on the Sourcing, Supply, Financing and Logistics of commodities.
We deliver safe and cost-efficient seaborne transportation, storage solutions and other support services for crude oil, bitumen, naphtha and other clear and dark petroleum products.
Transhipment, transportation and storage solutions are provided jointly with our strategic partner Solal Shipping SA. Established in 2005, it has a TC fleet that ranges between 10 and 25 Handy to Suezmax vessels.
Our offering is enhanced by our close working relationships with the major tanker owners and operators, shipping agencies, brokers and terminal authorities. Our presence as a principal, and our relationships, give us unique insights into the world’s shipping flows and allow us to deliver superior service to our clients, thereby maintaining our competitive edge.
Taking, managing and mitigating risk is fundamental to our business and to maximising stakeholder value. We have developed a robust Risk Management Framework which is rigorously implemented through market-leading tooling and continuous investment in our employees.
Our involvement in exchanges across the globe and our deep knowledge of physical markets allows us to mitigate risk and lock-in geographical and time spread arbitrages, while our liquidity is backed by long-term banking relationships with world’s leading commodity finance institutions.
The lifeblood of trade is finance, and the Group’s Treasury department works to ensure that our relationships remain robust, and that funding for our trade flows can be rapidly deployed.
Holt’s banking relationships were built on trust and mutual understanding over many years – qualities which are more important than ever in the changed world of commodity finance. The Group now benefits from a broad book of credit facilities with the entire spectrum of commodity finance institutions around the world. We use these credit lines to facilitate trade, structured financing and risk hedging arrangements for our suppliers and customers.
In 2019, we created a Carbon Neutrality Solutions desk which has grown to be an active player in:
- Upstream Emission Reductions: we work with fuel suppliers across the world to help reduce their GHG footprint
- Carbon Offsetting & Environmental Products: we source offsets and certificates for our customers, in-line with their sustainability goals
- Carbon Neutral Oil and Gas Supply: we offer crude and feedstock supplies that are carbon neutral all the way through to the point of delivery
- Emission Reduction Project Development: we are implementing emission reduction projects in multiple technologies and countries
- Carbon Neutrality Advisory: we advise on zero-carbon strategies, environmental footprint, green supply chains and climate action advocacy